March 8, 2016 is International Women's Day a global celebration of women's rights and equality. Women are contributors to some of the most profound changes in society and making it happen.
Women around the world, both online and offline have influenced the world they live. Here are 10 women from around the world in art, business, tech, education and more. Get to know them and celebrate them during International Women's Day.
1. Malala Yousafzai - winner of the 2014 Nobel Prize. She is the youngest ever Nobel Prize winner. She was born in 1997 in Pakistan. Malala is an activist for female education.
2. Zhao Wei (赵薇) - popular Chinese actress and film director. Zhao Wei, also known as Vicky Zhao has over 60 million followers on Sina Weibo, a Chinese social media site similar to Facebook and Twitter.
3. Neha Kirpal - founder of the India Art Fair the biggest fair of modern and contemporary Indian art in the world. Founded in 2008, in its first three years, it has attracted over 170,000 visitors.
4. Tara Fela-Durotoye - 'cosmetics queen' is a Nigerian makeup artist and entrepreneur. She is founder of House of Tara, a business that teaches business skills and style. She helped found the 2014 Makeup in Nigeria Conference (MINC), the first ever gathering of makeup professionals in Nigeria. Watch her on CNN
5. Wangechi Mutu - Kenyan Artist and Sculptor her works have been exhibited worldwide including in 2014 exhibit at Northwestern University in Evanston.
6.Yoani Sanchez - Cuban journalist, blogger whose blog Generacion Y is one of the most influntial blogs that shows insight into life in Cuba. She has more than 654,000 followers on Twitter. In November 2009, U.S. President Barack Obama, wrote that her blog "provides the world a unique window into the realities of daily life in Cuba."
7. Kimberly N. Foster - founder of the blog For Harriet, a an online blog that celebrates honors Hariett Tubman while celebrating black women worldwide. Founded in 2010 while undergraduate at Harvard University , For Harriet grown has grown to more than 160,000 fans on Facebook and more than 36,000 fans on Twitter.
8.Sophia Amoruso - founder of Nasty Gal, an eBay eommerce store selling vintage women's clothing. Founded in 2006, Nasty Gal has become an $100 million in sales business.
9.Eva Amaral - pop rock singer from Spain. She is lead singer in the band Amaral, that fuses rock and Spanish folk sounds. She has collaborated with musicians such as Moby and Lenny Kravitz. Amaral has sold more than four million albums worldwide. http://youtu.be/3daCJ3b9Uls?list=PL58D28B3A8F89F963
10. Isabel Allende - is a Chilean writer pens in the “magic realist” tradition. In 2014, President Obama awarded her the 2014 Presidential Medal of Freedom.